The term “gut health” was certainly not something you heard frequently 10 years ago. However, nowadays, people are looking for the best gut cleanse and wondering how they can improve their gut health.
What is a Gut Cleanse? It is an elimination diet which is similar to the popular “detox diet”. As the “detox diet” makes your body to remove toxins and harmful chemicals, the gut cleanse will eliminate such harmful and problematic foods that may irritate and damage your digestive system.
These problematic foods may contribute to conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease and colitis, abdominal discomfort and bloating and acid reflux.
In this post, I will be sharing some of the best gut cleanse supplements available, and how to choose the best cleanse for your digestive system.
What to Look for In Gut Cleanse Supplements
There are a few things you should look for when choosing a gut cleanse supplement.
First, make sure that the product is made with all-natural ingredients. It’s important to avoid chemicals, preservatives, and artificial sweeteners in this type of product because they can cause damage to your digestive tract.
Second, check to see if the product contains probiotics—specifically, Lactobacillus acidophilus. These help to keep your digestive tract healthy by boosting your immune system and reducing inflammation in your body.
Third, look into whether or not the product contains fiber. Fiber helps to get rid of waste from your colon and lower cholesterol levels. This is important because having too much cholesterol in your blood can lead to heart disease and stroke later in life.
What’s the Best Gut Cleanse Supplement
Based on the considerations mentioned in the previous section, the best gut and colon cleanse supplement that warrants my recommendation would be Optima Gut Cleanse.
Optima Gut Cleanse Supplement
This cutting edge Gut Health Formula combines all the digestive cleaning heavy hitters into one power-packed supplement designed to get your body working the way it’s intended to, resulting in less fatigue, more energy, increased stamina, and improved mood. A better digestive system also helps eliminate waste and assists in weight loss.
For a full list of Optima’s ingredients, product testimonials, and purchase inquiries, you may check out this link.
Top Colon Cleansing Supplements of 2022: Ranked from 1 to 10
Here are the top 4 best digestive cleanses currently available in the market.
|Optima Gut Cleanse||Designs for life GI Revive||Gut Assist Leaky Gut||AMMD Leaky Gut Revive|
|Ingredients||Slippery Elm bark powder, marshmallow root, cordyceps mushroom, L-glutamine, Turkey tail mushroom, DGL, Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Hibiscus, Cellulase, Lactase, Probiotics 25BCFU, N-Acetyl-D Glucosamine||A blend of DGL, chamomile, slippery elm, marshmallow root powder, cat’s claw, and okra extract. This also contains aloe vera, MSM, and mucin||L-Glutamine, Arabinogalactan, Licorice Root Extract 10:1 (deglycyrrhized), Aloe Vera||Slippery elm bark powder, L-glutamine, aloe vera leaf powder, larch arabinogalactan, licorice root powder, marshmallow root powder|
|Pros||Helps you maintain a good level of your digestive healthImproves nutrient absorption by your bodyInflammation is significantly reducedPromotes healing for Leaky Gut syndrome||This supplement promotes ‘good’ bacteria in the gut. Supports the permeability , integrity, and structure of cell walls. The presence of mucin fosters overall gut health integrity. Relaxes the intestines, which helps in soothing cramps.||Supports and protects the body’s GI tract Boosts one’s immune system Helps maintain a healthy gut lining Contains glutamine which is essential to the body’s cellular healing Can be taken together with probiotics, enzymes, and prebiotics||It contains aloe extracts to help rebuild the normal mucosal lining of your gut and licorice extracts to calm the gut and intestinal walls. Slippery elm with marshmallow root promote mucous membrane health and intestinal repair. Contains larch arabinogalactan, which promotes healthy gut microbiota and the generation of gut-mending fatty acids. The L-glutamine reduces your sweet cravings and promotes healthier weight|
|Cons||This natural, specially formulated supplement has no reported contraindications. Consult with your doctor to check for any sensitivities with the ingredients.||Contains gluten, must be avoided by those with Celiac’s diseaseThe product bears a warning that the supplement may cause reproductive harm.||The product doesn’t have quite an appealing taste.Check with your doctor to see if you can have an intake of the quantity of L-Glutamine contained in this product||Check with your doctor regarding L-glutamine sensitivity before using this product.|
1. Optima Gut Cleanse Supplement
This cutting-edge “Gut Health Formula” combines all of the gut cleaning heavyweights into an one potent supplement developed to get your body performing the way it should, resulting in reduced fatigue, more energy, better stamina, and improved mood. A healthier digestive system also aids in waste elimination and weight loss.
- Helps you maintain a good level of your digestive health
- Improves nutrient absorption by your body
- Inflammation is significantly reduced
- Promotes healing for Leaky Gut syndrome
- · This natural, specially formulated supplement has no reported contraindications. Consult with your doctor to check for any sensitivities with the ingredients.
Where to buy
- You can purchase Optima Gut Cleanse Supplement HERE.
2. Designs for life GI Revive
GI Revive provides all-around support for optimal gastrointestinal health and overall function. The gut lining must have sufficient permeability and integrity in order to absorb nutrients while also preventing poisons, allergies, and bacteria from entering the bloodstream.
This product is designed to help strengthen the GI mucous lining. GI Revive comes in capsules and powder form.
- This supplement promotes ‘good’ bacteria in the gut
- Supports the permeability , integrity, and structure of cell walls
- The presence of mucin fosters overall gut health integrity
- Relaxes the intestines, which helps in soothing cramps
- Contains gluten, must be avoided by those with Celiac’s disease
- The product bears a warning that the supplement may cause reproductive harm.
Where to buy
- You can purchase Designs for life GI Revive HERE.
3. Gut Assist Leaky Gut
GutAssist promotes the mending of the body’s protective membranes along the GI tract by providing these membranes with nutrients such as L-Glutamine. Good health truly begins in the gut.
Poor digestive health can also result in a negative mood, sadness, and other problems that have an effect on the quality of daily life. Maintaining healthy gut flora and equilibrium is critical for digestive wellness and gut integrity. The gut wall is home to many immune system cells within your body.
- Supports and protects the body’s GI tract
- Boosts one’s immune system
- Helps maintain a healthy gut lining
- Contains glutamine which is essential to the body’s cellular healing
- Can be taken together with probiotics, enzymes, and prebiotics
- The product doesn’t have quite an appealing taste.
- Check with your doctor to see if you can have an intake of the quantity of L-Glutamine contained in this product
Where to buy
- You can purchase Gut Assist Leaky Gut HERE.
4. AMMD Leaky Gut Revive
Dr. Amy Myers, the one who developed this product, is a practicing physician and author of two best-selling books, “The Autoimmune Solution” and “The Thyroid Connection.” She developed this unique formula to help repair the lining of your stomach and reduce the signs of a Leaky Gut.
- It contains aloe extracts to help rebuild the normal mucosal lining of your gut and licorice extracts to calm the gut and intestinal walls.
- Slippery elm with marshmallow root promotes mucous membrane health and intestinal repair. Contains larch arabinogalactan, which promotes healthy gut microbiota and the generation of gut-mending fatty acids.
- The L-glutamine reduces your sweet cravings and promotes healthier weight
- The servings might not last for an entire month, make sure you measure your scoops correctly.
- Check with your doctor regarding L-glutamine sensitivity before using this product.
Where to buy
- You can purchase AMMD Leaky Gut Revive HERE.
5. Renew Life Cleanse Smart
Renew Life Cleanse Smart is a sophisticated complete body and intestinal cleanse that is perfect for those who suffer from constipation on a regular basis.
This 30-day, two-part herbal cleansing regimen for men and women promotes digestive regularity while also assisting your body’s normal waste and detoxification processes. It is simple to use and devoid of gluten and soy. Quality, purity, and strength are guaranteed until the expiration date.
- The herbal cleanse and detoxification formulations from Renew Life operate in tandem with the detoxification process
- The product assists you in feeling lighter, brighter, and much more energized to face the day
- 100% vegetarian capsules, and are gluten free and also soy free
- The formulation has changed since its initial release.
- Observe your body’s reaction after taking the product for any sensitivities towards some of the ingredients
Where to buy
- You can purchase Renew Life Cleanse Smart HERE.
6. Health Plus Super Colon Cleanse
Super Colon Cleanse was created in 1986 with the idea that your gut should be properly cleansed every few months. Senna, a naturally powerful stimulant, is combined with nourishing herbs and healthy bacteria in Super Colon Cleanse solutions to assist support the entire digestive process.
This beneficial blend aids with occasional gut congestion, gentle interior cleansing, toxin elimination, vitamin absorption, and body rehydration. Super Colon Cleanse is offered in powder and pill forms.
- Stimulates peristalsis and contractions, which aid the digestive system in properly eliminating waste
- Excellent at passing waste through the gastrointestinal tract smoothly and gently
- Treats digestive issues such as intestinal gas, bloating, and loss of appetite
- Breaks down proteins to aid in the support and maintenance of the gastrointestinal system’s health
- This product has a new formulation, which might be unappealing if you have been a fan of the same product for quite some time.
Where to buy
- You can purchase Health Plus Super Colon Cleanse HERE.
7. Well Roots Colon Cleanse and Liver Detox
Well Roots Colon Cleanse and Liver Detox assists in reducing your toxic load. It cleanses the colon of toxins, encouraging deep interior cleansing and protecting and rejuvenating liver cells.
- Designed specifically to facilitate deep interior cleaning
- Aloe is regarded for its natural cleansing action, which works its way through the digestive tract to maintain good intestinal function and eliminate waste and toxins from the colon
- For hundreds of years, milk thistle has been used to improve liver health. It contains potent chemicals that protect and regenerate liver cells while supporting healthy liver function to aid the body’s natural detoxification process
- Not advisable for use if you have any intestinal obstruction, hemorrhoids or other disorders.
- Cannot be used together with products that have laxative effects.
Where to buy
- You can purchase Well Roots Colon Cleanse and Liver Detox
8. Vita Post Colon Detox Plus
Colon Detox Plus functions by promoting natural detoxification and promoting regular bowel motions.
It aids the body’s natural process of flushing impurities and other hidden toxins from your system, clearing build-up that can obstruct vitamin and mineral absorption. A healthy digestive tract is essential for overall health, and it never hurts to feel good on the inside.
- It has laxative effects which aids in cleansing your gut
- It supports liver and kidney functions, resulting in better health status by users
- Eliminates bad bacteria and flushes them out of your body
- It takes a while before you might feel the effect on your body. It is best to discuss with your doctor the ingredients of this supplement, to check if it can help you with your gut cleanse goals.
Where to buy
- You can purchase Vita Post Colon Detox Plus here
9. Herbal Power Flush
A potent digestive aid that aids in the rapid and effective elimination of constipation. Herbal Power Flush improves regularity by utilizing a specific blend of soluble fiber, botanicals, and digestive juices to thoroughly flush up any clogged up systems.
Whether you’re having trouble going or want to enhance your overall digestive health, use Herbal Power flush on a regular basis to promote regular, healthy disposal.
- Helps get rid of fats in the body
- Promotes a more efficient performance of the digestive system
- Increases energy levels by releasing toxins from the body
- Increases absorption of nutrients and vitamins
- Observe any effects or reactions after the first few days of intake, to be able to rule out any sensitivities to the product and its ingredients
Where to buy
- You can purchase Herbal Power Flush here
10. Primal Harvest Primal Gut Restore
Gut Restore is a comprehensive synbiotic product that combines probiotics and prebiotics to assist important digestive enzymes.
This comprehensive package harnesses the power of prebiotics and probiotics, enhanced by innovative CoreBiome Tributyrin postbiotics, to help enhance your stomach lining, reestablish balance, and crank up your digestive health over time.
- Improves gut health by assisting the body in regulating the inflammatory response
- Additionally, it strengthens the intestinal walls, resulting in better gut lining and improved nutritional absorption.
- Helps you attain your weight loss objectives by acting as a metabolism stimulant and detoxifier.
- As a versatile probiotic strain, this can help the body cleanse the colon, relieve gas, and relieve constipation.
- Observe your body’s reaction during the initial days and weeks of taking the product, due to possible sensitivities to ingredients.
Where to buy
- You can purchase Primal Harvest Primal Gut Restore here
Benefits of Taking Gut Cleanse Supplements For Your Colon Health
Colon health is a vital part of overall health, and because of this, it’s important to take care of your colon by making sure you’re eating healthy and staying hydrated.
But what if you could give your colon a little extra help? Many people don’t realize that there are several key benefits that come from taking gut cleanse supplements and doing a stomach cleanse detox.
Doing such a cleanse:
- Increases your energy. Gut cleanse supplements are a great way to increase your energy levels. They work by removing toxins from your intestines, which can make you feel sluggish. In addition, they also provide a natural boost to your immune system. The more energy you have, the easier it is to get through your day.
- Removes toxins from your body. Toxins are chemicals that have a negative effect on health. They can be found in food, water, and air, as well as in household cleaning products and personal care products. Toxins may also be produced by the body itself when it breaks down certain foods.
- Improves your liver function. The body naturally produces toxins, but it also has its own system for removing them. The liver is the main organ that helps the body eliminate toxins, so it’s important to keep the liver healthy by taking care of yourself.
There are many things that can damage or weaken your liver, including alcohol consumption and unhealthy eating habits. Even if you don’t have any health problems right now, taking a gut cleanse supplement can help prevent future issues with your liver.
- Boosts your immune system. Your digestive system plays an important role in maintaining your overall health. A healthy digestive system means you’ll have a stronger immune system, meaning you can fight off colds and flu more easily. It’s also linked to better mental health, because it helps with overall hormone balance.
If you’re feeling run down or having trouble staving off illness, consider taking a gut cleanse supplement instead of reaching for a bottle of over-the-counter medicine. The right supplement can help restore balance to your digestive system and give your body the boost it needs to fight off infection before it starts.
- Aids in weight loss. Gut health is important for a number of reasons, including the fact that it has a direct impact on your weight. The microbiome, or the bacteria that live in your gut, plays a key role in weight regulation and how your body stores fat. When these bacteria are out of balance with each other, you can end up with an unhealthy gut environment and an increased risk for obesity and other health problems.
- Relieves bloating, gas, and cramps. A healthy gut helps you to digest food properly and absorb nutrients from your diet. It also keeps the bad bacteria out of your system so that you don’t get sick. Your gut is made up of your small intestine and large intestine (which are connected by your rectum).
The walls of both these organs have millions of tiny hair-like structures called villi, which help to increase the surface area of your intestines so that they can absorb more nutrients from what you eat. When these villi become inflamed or damaged, they can’t function properly, which can lead to uncomfortable symptoms like gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea.
Gut cleanse supplements help to repair these damaged villi so that they can once again do their job absorbing nutrients from food and keeping bad bacteria at bay. They can also help treat conditions like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) by reducing inflammation in the intestinal tract.
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer. Colon cancer is one of the most common cancers in the United States, and it’s often linked to a diet high in processed foods and sugar. Colon cancer is also one of the easiest cancers to prevent. Gut cleanse supplements reduce the risk of colon cancer, because they help remove waste products from your body, which can reduce inflammation and increase circulation throughout your digestive tract.
- Improves your mood. The human body is a complex system, and the bacteria that live in our guts are no exception. A healthy gut microbiome has been linked to a variety of health benefits, including weight loss and improved mood. Gut health has even been shown to affect how we respond to stress. So if you’re having trouble sleeping or just feeling down, it might be time to take a look at how your gut is doing.
Gut Reset Risk and Precautions
While you are aiming for a good gut cleanse through digestive health supplements when you plan on a reset, it is equally important to be aware of the risks and the contraindications that you need to be mindful of before you proceed.
Here are some precautions:
- If you have any history of stomach ulcers or irritable bowel syndrome, consult your doctor before using these supplements.
- If you are taking any medication, do not consume the supplement without consulting your doctor.
- If you suffer from any allergies or if there is an ingredient in the supplement that causes allergies, avoid them at all costs.
FAQs About Gut Cleanse
How Do Colon Cleansing Pills Work?
Colon cleansing pills work in the gut by flushing out unwanted material from the digestive tract. The body’s digestive system is made up of the liver, pancreas, small intestine and large intestine. The colon is located inside the large intestine and it is where food waste is stored until it eventually passes out of your body as stool.
When you consume a colon cleansing pill, it travels through your digestive tract and absorbs any harmful toxins or other substances that may be present in your body. You can also get rid of some of these toxins by eating healthier foods such as fruits and vegetables because they contain fiber which helps to remove waste matter from your body.
What Does Colon Cleansing Do for Your Body?
Colon cleansing can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption, reduce bloating and gas, increase metabolism and energy levels, prevent constipation and other digestive issues, relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), support overall health and wellness by eliminating toxins from your body, and much more.
What Is Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon hydrotherapy, also known as a colonic or a colonic irrigation, is a procedure that uses water to cleanse your gut. It involves the use of a colonic irrigation machine to flush out the large intestines. The machine uses tap water that has been filtered and treated with a disinfectant to ensure cleanliness.
Is Colon Hydrotherapy Performed Using a Special Type of Water?
The water used for colon cleansing is specially filtered and sterilized. This ensures that the water is safe to use and that it will not lead to any infections or other health issues.
The temperature and pH level of the water are also carefully monitored during colon hydrotherapy sessions. This helps ensure that your body does not become overheated or dehydrated during the procedure, which could cause serious problems or even death in some cases.
Sometimes, the water is infused with beneficial herbs and nutrients that can aid in digestion and overall health.
How Does Colon Hydrotherapy Differ From an Enema?
Colon hydrotherapy is different from an enema in that it attempts to clear the entire length of the colon, whereas enemas are only used to empty the rectum. Colon hydrotherapy also involves a much longer session and more equipment than an enema does.
Can I Cleanse My Colon With a Laxative?
You can cleanse your colon with a laxative. The process is called bowel preparation, and is used to prepare the body for a colonoscopy.
There are two types of laxatives: osmotic and stimulant. Osmotic laxatives work by drawing water into the intestine, causing it to expand and push waste out of the body.
Stimulant laxatives work by irritating the lining of your intestines, causing peristalsis (the movement of food through your digestive tract) and increasing stool output.
The amount and type of laxative you take depends on what kind of procedure you are undergoing, as well as how often you have had a colonoscopy in the past.
How Long Is a Colon Hydrotherapy Session?
A colon hydrotherapy session lasts between 45 and 60 minutes.
Can Colon Cleansing Disturb My Body’s Bacteria Balance?
Your body has an innate ability to maintain a healthy balance of bacteria. Colon cleansing will not disrupt this balance, and it can actually help you maintain it. The colon is the largest organ in your body, and its function is to filter waste from food and water as it passes through the digestive tract.
Colon cleansing helps you cleanse your colon of accumulated waste, which can lead to better digestion, more regular bowel movements, and improved nutrient absorption.
How Do I Know if I Need a Colon Cleanse?
The first thing to look out for is bloating and gas. If you find that you are always bloated or feel like you have an excess of gas in your stomach, it could be because your body is struggling to process food properly.
This could be due to constipation or other issues with digestion. If this is the case, then a colon cleanse will help relieve these symptoms while also cleansing any toxins from your body.
Another symptom that may indicate a need for a colon cleanse is frequent headaches or migraines. This may seem counterintuitive—how can cleaning out toxins from my body cause headaches?
But if you have trouble digesting certain foods or if those foods are causing inflammation in your digestive tract, then this could cause headaches for some people.
A colon cleanse can help reduce the amount of toxins in your system so that they don’t cause as much pain when they’re released through bowel movements and urination.
Does Colon Cleansing Hurt?
Colon cleansing can be a little uncomfortable, but it’s not painful.
The process of colon cleansing involves inserting a tube into your rectum and flushing out waste that has built up in your colon. You may experience some cramping as the water is flushed into your system, but most people don’t feel physical pain during the process.
Is Colon Cleansing Good?
Colon cleansing is good for the body because it helps to remove waste from your digestive tract. Colon cleansing can help you to feel lighter, healthier, and more energetic, and it can also make your skin clearer and more radiant.
Colon cleansing also improves your digestion and helps you to eliminate toxins that may be contributing to inflammation in your body.
Colon cleansing has been a part of traditional medicine for thousands of years. There are many different types of colon cleanses that are available today, including enemas, laxatives, diet changes, and herbal supplements.
Is Colon Cleansing Safe?
Colon cleansing is safe, as long as you choose a reliable, well-established brand that uses natural ingredients.
The process of colon cleansing can be done in one of two ways: through laxatives or through natural means. The first method involves taking supplements and drinking liquids that will help your body rid itself of excess waste, while the second method involves using herbs to help cleanse and detoxify your system.
What Herbal Tea Is Good for Colon Cleansing?
There are many herbal teas that can be used for colon cleansing. Here are some of the most popular:
- Dandelion root, or “Taraxacum” as it is known in its Latin name, has been used for centuries to help cleanse the blood and liver. It contains antioxidants and vitamins A and C, as well as potassium and iron. The tea can be made with 1 teaspoon of dried dandelion root per cup of boiling water. Brew for 10 minutes before drinking.
- Senna leaves have been used for centuries to help cleanse the bowels. The tea can be made with 1 teaspoon of dried senna leaves per cup of boiling water. Brew for 10 minutes before drinking.
- Cascara sagrada is a laxative herb that helps cleanse the bowels without causing cramping or diarrhea. The tea can be made with 1 teaspoon of dried cascara sagrada bark per cup of boiling water. Brew for 10 minutes before drinking.
The first step towards good gut health is to make conscious choices about what you buy and what you eat. It’s also important to be mindful of your gut health moving forward, in order to give it the best care possible.
There is no substitute for eating real foods, so stay away from processed ingredients and stick to whole foods. By avoiding sugary drinks and focusing on a mix of protein and fiber, you can achieve a healthy balance for your gut microbiome.
Remember, these are simply small changes that will go a long way towards improving your gut health this year—and beyond. If you are planning to take gut cleansing to another level, you can also try this 3 day cleanse for gut health.
Join the SuperHumn FREE Facebook group for more posts on wellness and longevity. Be inspired and work towards your goals as you get surrounded by equally supportive people. See you there!